Our popular annual charity law update is taking place in our Preston office on Tuesday 25 February 2020. This free seminar will provide charity trustees and senior managers with an update on legal developments affecting charities that have taken place over the previous year.
- Reputational issues in charities – donations, sponsors and patrons;
- The new corporate criminal offence of “failure to prevent the criminal facilitation of tax evasion” and its impact on incorporated charities;
- The Charity Commission’s regulatory activity and the concerns as to its current approach;
- A review of charity campaigning during the General Election;
- Other legal and case law developments;
- Employment law related changes affecting charities.
We will also be joined by charity accounting specialists from MHA Moore & Smalley who will provide a roundup of changes in the field of charity accounting.
The seminar will conclude with an opportunity for attendees to ask any questions they might have for our speakers.
This free seminar is always popular so please book early to avoid disappointment.
16:00 - Registration, refreshments and networking
16:20 - Presentations from our panel of speakers
17:30 - Questions and networking
18:00 - Close