This qualification is designed for staff with a designated responsibility as fire warden or fire marshal, and provides the skills and confidence that will allow them to carry out their duties relating to fire safety and emergency procedures. It includes practicing the practical use of the fire extinguisher.
The number of fire wardens that your organisation requires depends on the building design and use.In addition you should train extra staff to cover for holidays and illness.
Who Should Attend
This qualification is for staff with designated responsibilities in the event of a fire and in the prevention of fire in the workplace.
By the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of the dangers of fire
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of fire and how it spreads
- Demonstrate an awareness of fire prevention measures
- Demonstrate an understanding of what to do in the event of a fire alarm Distinguish between different types of fire extinguishers
- Demonstrate an understanding how to tackle small fires safely and effectively Demonstrate an understanding how to perform their fire safety duties
- Delegates will receive training in the following subjects:
- Regulatory Reform Order (Fire Safety) 2005
- Fire Warden Responsibilities
- Assessing Fire Risks
- Spotting and Reporting Hazards
- Basic fire prevention
- Building fire protection
- Evacuation procedures
- Chemistry of combustion
- Fire Extinguisher (Types / Colour Coding Standards / Correct Application / Capabilities & Limitations)
- Practical fire fighting (use of extinguishers)
Assessment Method & Certification
Assessment Method & CertificationThe assessment will be by the completion of a multiple choice question examination at the end of the course. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of competence, which is valid for 3 years.
Candidates wishing to obtain a Nationally Accredited Certificate would sit the exam for the relevant Awarding Body (for the additional price of the certification and exam fee of the Awarding Body).
This course is brought to you by Chamber Members Affiniti Trainging - Affiniti Training is a Safety Training Provider specialising in courses on: First Aid, Health and Safety, Personal Safety, Fire Safety, Food Safety, and Teaching. We are based in Lancashire, the North West of England, but provide training nationally
For this Qualification we can currently offer certification from the following Awarding Bodies:
CIEH (The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health)