The North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce has over 1,600 members and works closely with all areas of the business community offering a wide range of services in order to support and assist our members in their drive towards enterprise and success. We are also part of the British Chambers of Commerce accredited network which represents businesses all over the UK and strives to improve business conditions at a local, regional and national level.
Working for this leading Chamber of Commerce you will be responsible for managing our membership retention programme which will involve contacting Chamber members and arranging retention appointments across the North & Western Lancashire area.
We are looking for somebody with a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to communicate with people at all levels of business, particularly those at senior level. A good understanding of business issues and the role of Chambers of Commerce will be an advantage, as would previous experience in a sales or customer facing role.
Although you will work closely with other departments, the ability to work without direct supervision and use your own initiative will be crucial.
Applicants must also be qualified to drive and possess their own vehicle.
- To conduct a minimum of 4 membership retention visits per day
- Developing new business relationships and helping to generate new income for the North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce.
- Responsible for credit control for any outstanding membership subscriptions in accordance with NWLCC procedures.
- Developing marketing and promotional campaigns to generate leads, appointments and new member applications.
- Presenting NWLCC to members through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls, emails and group meetings
- Responsible for achieving lead generation and appointment setting
- Actively and successfully manage/deliver appropriate membership narratives to existing customers
- Respond to any customer complaints and log and report accordingly
- Attending a mixture of networking events/exhibitions/industry events and trade shows to generate leads for the membership team