Contract Type: Permanent
Department: audit, accounting and advisory
PM+M is a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn, Burnley and Bury, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. We have ambitious growth plans and our goal is to be the best north-west firm of finance professionals.
PM+M is a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
Job purpose and primary objectives:
To work as part of the Audit and Advisory Team, providing an excellent client service to a range of clients in accordance with the firm’s values, procedures, prevailing legislation and excellent professional practice to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To carry out preparation of statutory accounts for larger companies within the firm’s portfolio of clients. This will include some corporation tax computations, where assistance will be given as necessary.
• To work on audit assignments (this will be 70-80% of the role), as part of a team, both in the firm’s offices and at client premises which may, occasionally, include working away from home.
• To be involved in the team working on special corporate assignments, such as grant claims, forecasting and interim FC/FD roles.
• Be working towards or have attained the AAT, ACA or ACCA qualification.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
• Have good organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective running of the department.
• Have a minimum of one-year experience in accountancy.
Salary: Dependent on experience
· 23.5 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays (3.5 days to be used for the Christmas
· On site free parking
· Flexible benefits (salary sacrifice) scheme including a range of benefits such as private
medical insurance, child care vouchers, extra holidays etc
· Employer pension contribution of 8%
· Death in Service life cover of 4 x salary
· Full technical training and support
Please apply by email to email@example.com