Description: Beever and Struthers is one of the UK’s leading independent accountancy practices with offices in Manchester, London and Blackburn. We have been providing support and advice to clients for over 100 years and have a strong reputation built on a long established tradition of providing quality services. We take strength from our history, but recognise that success comes from never standing still.
We currently have vacancies for qualified Audit Seniors to join our Manchester office.
The overall purpose of this role is to supervise a team on auditing assignments for a variety of clients, ranging from large businesses to SMEs.
• Working with a diverse portfolio of clients in both the public and private sector.
• Planning audits and identifying necessary resources and key risk areas.
• Suggesting areas for audit efficiency and improvement.
• Supervising audits and ensuring the timely completion of assignments.
• Working closely with clients, offering informative and relevant advice in regards to structuring, and systems.
• Providing support in advisory and business planning arrangements.
• Identifying new service lines opportunities for existing clients.
• Managing trainee accountants and assisting with their development.
• Undertaking ad-hoc project or consultancy work for other departments or sector teams.
• Drafting and completing files including statutory financial statements and formal audit letters.
• Liaising with other Beever and Struthers departments when necessary.
• Developing technical knowledge.
Requirements: You must have well developed interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with your peers, and client staff at management and director level. In addition, you must demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to delivering a high quality service to our clients.
In return, your skills will be developed rapidly in this professional and dynamic environment and you will be provided with the opportunity to be part of a growing business, in an expanding department, with very good career development prospects.