Contract Type: Permanent
PM+M is a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn, Burnley and Bury, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. We have ambitious growth plans and our goal is to be the best North-West firm of finance professionals.
PM+M is a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
An opportunity has arisen to join the payroll team which works with a wide range of exciting and interesting clients - principally owner managed businesses and corporate subsidiaries.
We are looking for an experienced Adviser to join our payroll team providing an excellent service to our clients in accordance with the firm’s values, procedures, prevailing legislation and good professional practice so as to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and needs.
• To collect and enter high volumes of payroll data, supplied by clients, into Iris Payroll Professional software so as to meet deadlines.
• To ensure all security and confidentiality policies are adhered to.
• To ensure a high standard of processing whilst working efficiently and to tight deadlines.
• To assist in the processing and calculation of net pay, for each employee on a client’s payroll, using either computer software, or manually, applying the rules and tables supplied by HMRC.
• To notify clients of amounts due to HMRC.
• To assist in the production, for transmission via BACS on the relevant dates, of net pay details to the correct bank accounts.
• To assist in balancing payroll figures in order to produce all relevant month and year end reports for each client.
• To assist with the transmission to HMRC, via RTI (Real Time Information), forms P45, P46, FPS and EPS returns.
• To ensure timeliness of downloads from HMRC and pension providers with regard to tax codes, Student Loan notices and opt out dates.
• To ensure appropriate records are kept and recorded appropriately.
• To maintain an awareness of, and have the ability to adapt to changes in legislation affecting payroll processing and PAYE in general.
• To assist in the auto-enrolment process for clients, by understanding the legislation, creating reports via our payroll software and liaising with pensions providers.
• To liaise with HM Revenue and Customs, DWP and other associated bodies.
• To have an awareness of CIS, the deadlines and responsibilities required.
• Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
• Passionate about providing great client service.
• Great at communicating with people at all levels – face to face and in writing.
• Positive and good at using your initiative.
• Good at working under pressure.
• Motivated and well organised.
• Have at least 2 years’ experience, preferably in a bureau environment or inhouse processing multiple payrolls.
• Be technically aware of changing legislation.
• Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
• Have good organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective running of the department.
• Have knowledge of Iris Payroll professional as an advantage
• Have knowledge of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, including the relevant calculation
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org