Contract Type: Permanent
Department: wealth management
PM+M is a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn, Burnley and Bury, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. We have ambitious growth plans and our goal is to be the best north-west firm of finance professionals.
PM+M is a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
Job purpose and primary objectives:
To work as part of the Wealth Management team providing an excellent service to their clients’ in accordance with the firm’s values, procedures, prevailing legislation and good professional practice so as to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Support our advisers in helping clients, many of whom are business owner managers, professionals and retired people, in all aspects of wealth management – planning, tax mitigation, investment strategy and asset protection.
• Specific functions include researching products, funds and solutions, preparing reports for client meetings, highlight areas requiring attention, process new business, prepare suitability reports.
• Assist the compliance officer in maintaining appropriate systems and controls, including compliance projects and presale file checking.
• Play an active part in business development initiatives, looking for ways to improve paraplanning and department efficiencies.
• DIP PFS or working towards.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Xplan Back office system).
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
• Have good organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective running of the department.
• Experience of dealing with high volumes of work, suitability report writing, research and producing financial planning recommendations.
• Experience in dealing with Defined Benefit’s transfers, Pension Switches, Group Pensions, Cashflows, Pension Planning and Investment advice.
• Paraplanning experience, preferably working in the wealth management arm of an accountancy firm.