A Programme Leader (Functional Skills) opportunity has become available within the Access & Continuing Education department, working 37 hours per week on a fixed-term basis, until 30/06/2022.
The successful applicant will work closely with the curriculum manager to co-ordinate the provision of functional skills English and maths across college. The applicant will also teach GCSE and Functional Skills English.
If you are interested in this role and passionate about teaching please submit your application as early as possible. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications.
Come and work for one of the UK’s leading FE Colleges, graded outstanding by OFSTED. We excel in offering high quality, technical and professional education leading to professional and skilled employment through strong relationships with employers. B&FC is a major local employer with over 1,100 employees choosing to work with us, we work with over 1,000 employers and have an annual turnover of £54m. Over 16,000 students choose to study at B&FC each year.
Rewards and Benefits
In return, B&FC offers a competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement - 42 days plus up to 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for part year employees)
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses (subject to criteria & availability)
- Competitive pension scheme
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks (dependant on campus)
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Bakery, Office and printing services
How to Apply
- Before applying for this role please read the Job Description and Person Specification to ensure that you meet the criteria for this role.
- Click on the 'apply for this job' button and complete the online form. In order to apply for this role the on-line form must be completed.
- The supporting statement within the online form has a limit of 1000 words so please be concise with your evidence. We recommend you write your statement in a word document and then paste the text into the box provided.
- You also have the option to upload your CV in support of your application at the beginning of your application.
Please note, B&FC is dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all colleagues to share in this commitment. Employment at B&FC is subject to Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service. For further information on DBS, please click here