Contract Type: Permanent
Department: audit, accounting and advisory
PM+M is a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn, Burnley and Bury, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. We have ambitious growth plans and our goal is to be the best north-west firm of finance professionals.
PM+M is a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
Job purpose and primary objectives:
To work as part of the Audit, Accounting + Advisory team providing an excellent service to our clients in accordance with the firm’s values, procedures, prevailing legislation and good professional practice so as to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To lead audit assignments of clients of varying sizes and across many sectors, both in the firm’s offices and at client premised, which may, occasionally, involve working away from home.
• To understand and review corporate tax computations.
• To control the production of statutory accounts for your clients.
• To work on special projects with our corporate finance and tax teams, such as grant claims, due diligence, forecasting and interim finance roles for clients.
• To actively support other members of the Audit, Accounting + Advisory team.
• To build strong mentor/client relationships.
ACA/ACCA qualified or close to being qualified
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have 3 - 4 years experience in Practice.
• Have strong accounting and audit skills.
• Have had responsibility for supervising a team.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
• Have good organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective running of the department.
• Have knowledge of recognised software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Salary: Dependent on experience
· 23.5 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays (3.5 days to be used for the Christmas
· On site free parking
· Flexible benefits (salary sacrifice) scheme including a range of benefits such as private
medical insurance, child care vouchers, extra holidays etc
· Employer pension contribution of 8%
· Death in Service life cover of 4 x salary
· Full technical training and support
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org