Contract Type: Permanent
PM+M is a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn, Burnley and Bury, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. We have ambitious growth plans and our goal is to be the best north-west firm of finance professionals.
PM+M is a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Payroll team at PM+M.
Job purpose and primary objectives:
The role would be ideally suited to someone who wishes to start a career in payroll. The role offers a great training opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to support our clients and provide excellent service whilst gaining a professional qualification.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To assist the payroll team to deliver the firm's payroll services to clients.
• To ensure all security and confidentiality procedures are adhered to.
• With guidance, working towards a high standard of processing whilst working efficiently to deadlines.
• To collect and enter payroll data, supplied by clients, into PM+M’s software so as to meet deadlines and ensure accurate and complete payroll information.
• To assist in the processing and calculation of net pay, for each employee on a clients payroll, using either computer software or manually applying the rules and tables supplied by HMRC.
• To assist with client queries and queries from other teams within PM+M.
• Full training support towards the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) level 3 qualification – Payroll Technician Certificate.
• Educated to A Level standard or equivalent with a minimum of GCSE grade 5 or above in English and Maths
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be familiar with the use of recognised software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as there will be contact with clients at all levels.
• Have good organisational skills as well as the ability to take initiative and contribute to the effective running of the department.
To work as part of the payroll team providing an excellent service to clients’ in accordance with the firm’s values, procedures, prevailing legislation and good professional practice so as to meet or exceed client's expectations and needs.
Salary: Dependent on experience
· 23.5 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays (3.5 days to be used for the Christmas
· On site free parking
· Flexible benefits (salary sacrifice) scheme including a range of benefits such as private
medical insurance, child care vouchers, extra holidays etc
· Employer pension contribution of 8%
· Death in Service life cover of 4 x salary
Please apply by email to email@example.com