This year we embark on our 4th Corporate Challenge. We have built some wonderful relationships with businesses in our community through our Corporate Challenges. This year we hope to nourish these relationships and of course find lots of new groups and businesses to help us to raise the money we need to care for our patients. Not only that, with your help we can raise awareness of our services so that we can reach out and care for more people in our community.
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that you want to be involved with the hospice maybe because you or someone you know has used our services or you simply want to help because you know how vital hospice services are for our community but you might be surprised to find out that there are some incredible benefits to you from your involvement with us.
Brilliant PR and brand association, team building and enhancing your teams’ workplace wellbeing, fulfilling your CSR, building your customer base by networking with other businesses, strengthening your relationships with customers and suppliers by involving them in your fundraising, ticking things off your bucket list, forging lasting friendships with the team here at the hospice.
What you need to know
Each company will be given £50 “seed” money at our launch which will be held at Café Retreat at the hospice. Breakfast will be provided (of course!) and you can meet the hospice team, as well as the other Corporate Challengers.
You’ll hear from our Challenge ambassador, Gareth Mayoh. Gareth’s wife Louise was cared for in the hospice in 2018. Together with his sons, Tom and Jack A.K.A The Boys in Shorts, they have raised over £35,000.
There’s lots of support from us throughout the Challenge and some fantastic hospice events that you can sign up to:
Strictly Dance, the Ribble Valley Pub Walk, the hospice Sky Dive, the Bubble Rush….
The Challenge, which runs for 4 months (June until September) culminates in our Awards at Blackburn Rovers on which is always a great night out and a chance to celebrate your success.
We’ll have a half way meet up here at the hospice to exchange ideas, offer help or advice and you’ll have the chance to talk to some of our Clinical team.
Corporate Challenge timeline:
Launch: Thursday 28 May
Challenge start: Monday 1 June
Half Way meet up: Thursday 6 August
Challenge finish: Wednesday 30 September
Awards: Friday 16 October
Hear from some of last year’s Challengers
- “It’s such a great idea the corporate challenge….It’s my first involvement with it this year but I’m absolutely loving it!!!
- Victoria McCann – Harrison Drury Solicitors
- “Being involved in the Challenge has been competitive which all the team have really loved. Our customers have been willing to get involved and it opened up conversations about the hospice.”
- Tory Baldwin – Specsavers Blackburn
- “Through taking part in the Challenge we have met some great businesses and extended our connections within the local community but most importantly it has brought our team closer together. On many occasions, charities thank us for our support but I would like to thank the hospice for helping us to become one team.”
- Lisa Kennery – Pierce Accountants
To secure your place please email Jennifer.Quinn@eastlancshospice.org.uk or call 01254 287012.